Fun Card with a Twist!

Hello friends!
This is your crafty friend Mercy with my very first Ai project! 
I will post every Thursday; in addition, I will participate in our biweekly challenges, new releases and special events.  I'm very excited to be part of the design team since I love Ai products.  

Today I have two cards, let's get started... 

Fun card with a twist.  I'm using the Art Impressions  

  

I rarely order directly off the menu, the same goes with how I create and see things. Use your stamps and dies in creative ways...

You get more for your buck!


I trimmed my 110Lb card stock to 9 5/8 x 5 ½ inches and scored at 2 5/8 inches from each side 

I stamped and die cut the giraffes as instructed. In addition, I stamped an extra set of giraffes (you will see why) 

 

Use a trimmer, knife, or scissors to trim the card as shown below 

 

...and just like that you get a super cute shaped card 

I trimmed a bit of the edge on the right facing giraffe as shown 

 

At this point make the card your own.  Use stamps, dies, colors, etc. to create your foreground and background.  Do not color the giraffes if using media that bleeds through to the other side, i.e., Copics.  Instead, color and fussy cut the additional giraffes previously stamped and die cut.   Adhere them over the giraffes on the card and you will have a clean back!    

Note: If the bleed through is not an issue or using other media such as watercolor markers, skip this step. 

 

This is my final card.... 

 

...and a surprise on the inside  

For a little extra touch, make your own envelope or simply personalize one you already have 

I hope you enjoy this technique; I sure did.  Check out my other version in the next posting.


Here's a list of theproducts used


 

 

Comments